Saturday, February 26, 2011

A new Naija S.P.I.R.I.T.

I have been doing a lot of reading recently, specifically doing case studies of nations that through certain ideologies, strategies and efforts, have transformed themselves from third world countries to powerful nations that are the pride of their respective geographical regions.

To put it briefly, I have come to see that what Nigerians need is a new S.P.I.R.I.T: We need inculcate the values of Service, Passion, Integrity, Respect. Innovation and Teamwork!

I believe (and so can you) that if youths of this country can imbibe these qualities and apply them in all nation and society building endeavors, we will begin to see the dawn of a new era of development.

Don't just read this but take some time to actually think it through...Service. Passion. Integrity. Respect. Innovation. Teamwork....In our businesses, (selling pure water, garri or real estate), careers, everyday interactions, politics...political aspirations and negotiations, leadership positions...If we begin to integrate this S.P.I.R.I.T into all we do...well,...enough said for now.  

Stay tuned to this.... OK let me call it channel. In the coming days (or even hours because e get as the tin dey do me), I will be sharing more of my thoughts on this new S.P.I.R.I.T. Of course as usual, your thoughts and comments (on facebook and/or this blog) are most welcome

4 comments:

Jennifer A. said...

Looking forward to reading more thoughts on S.P.I.R.I.T. I think that more than anything else, we are in need of innovation...new ideas that will produce change. Ideas get old.

Rita said...

I look forward to this "channel" on S.P.I.R.I.T. and knowing the details of what it entails.

Glad to know you are back cos you've been missed since October last year :-)

Happy New Year.

Shawn said...

@ Jaycee: I am honored to see your comment. Indeed I agree with you that innovation is what is going to take us ahead. The stories of Singapore and Japan are stories of Innovation. The story of Fashola and Lagos is a story of innovation and the progress it brings.
I believe if we imbibe a culture of innovation in all we do (even blogging), we can change the world around us.
Cheers

Shawn said...

@Rita: I've been missed. That sends warm feelings all over me...lol.
yeah well Ive been innovating, re-branding, re-strategizing etc.
Thanks for dropping by.